Mama's Blessed : 12 Cleaning Tips For BUSY Moms

12 Cleaning Tips For BUSY Moms

Saturday, January 11, 2014

I thought it was hard keeping the house clean when I was a stay at home mom, then I started working! 
Some days I just come home, look at the mess, & want to walk right back out the door. I even on occasion go to clean a room & just stand there wondering where to start & how the heck did it get this bad! I know I am not alone, especially when it comes to moms. Working or not we are all busy. We have our hands full & we get overwhelmed with all our duties at times. That's okay. That's motherhood. That's life. I have come up with a list of tips to help us out! 




1. Plan ahead. This is a no brainer for sure. When your busy, you have lots on your mind & on your plate. You may not get anything done if you are wondering what to do & where to start.


2. Make a to do list. Stay on track, stick to the list for that day. Feel free to add or scratch out.


3. Do as much as you can while baby is napping or occupied! We all know this is the best time to do anything. Clean, eat, sneak in a TV show, and even shower. 


4. No computer or TV unless your cleaning to some music. Do not get distracted, if you open up Facebook or turn on your show before you know it a few hours may have gone by. Imagine what all could have been checked off your to do list if you just said NO! But listening to music while cleaning helps some of us. 

5. Put the phone down. Texting, talking, or playing on your phone is just as bad of a time stealer as the TV & computer. 

6. One room at a time. This is a big thing for me, I have a problem with sticking to one room & seeing it through to the CLEAN finish! When you jump back and forth it will take longer for something to get done. Or it may end up being forgotten for the day. 

7. Do not try to do it all in one day. You will get overwhelmed. Your a mommy, you have to save some energy for your baby/babies. They need love and attention, so do not wear yourself out (physically nor emotionally).


8. Take breaks. Because you cant stay away from facebook/twitter all day! ( or whatever it is you spend your free time doing). 

9. Light a candle or two. This may not work or be a big deal for some. But having a candle lit makes the house feel cozy & smell clean. Which makes me want to clean it! 

10. Take a trash bag around the house. Because we all know there is trash laying around somewhere! Or there could be some things that could be trashed just for the heck of it! Also try taking around a bag just for things to get rid of, make some extra cash or donate. & you just decluttered a little!! 

11. No dirty dishes over night! This makes your morning go a little more smoothly. Besides the fact that a stack of dirty dishes in the sink overnight is gross, it also adds to your to do list for the next day. & who knows when you may actually get around to cleaning them, so more pile up along with them! I am so guilty of this!



12. Have a weekly/monthly cleaning schedule.  VERY SMART IDEA. I have put together one for myself & I am loving it. This can bring some organization to mommy's hectic life. & it will help keep the house somewhat clean on a daily basis. 


Do any of these tips help you or are you planning on trying a few out? Let me know! & if you have any tips to add in, I would love to hear. Anything to help a mamma out!

12 comments:

  1. I love this post. There are so many helpful hints and it's so easy to become overwhelmed by all the tasks around the house. My favorite is "No Dirty Dishes Overnight" that's a big one for me.

    Brittany @ Everyday Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the post! & I hope some of these tips can help you out! :P

      Delete
  2. I should REALLY do this but making a list seems so daunting...you know like I actually MIGHT have to get something done and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the tips that you have shared to us and my favorite part is the "Put The Phone Down" lol. Thank you very much.

    Industrial Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list of tips! I know I get so distracted with my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so stopping by! I get distracted by the phone and tv A LOT!

      Delete
  5. Having a weekly / daily schedule makes a HUGE difference. I love to check things off a list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love to do lists. But sometimes I make a list & never look at it again! Bad habit!

      Delete
  6. I need to force myself to stop working for a bit during naptime and tackle the house a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naptime is the easiest time for me to get some cleaning in. Especially since I have a toddler running around the house all day! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. WOW, I follow these already! I learned the hard way. LOL I'm a mom of two very young ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here! <3 Right now I am trying to get in the swing of things with a toddler & now a newborn as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)