Mama's Blessed : Anime // My Favorites

Anime // My Favorites

Friday, September 19, 2014

Me & Keith will be celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary this Saturday. We decided to go check out Japanfest near Atlanta, kid free! We are stoked because we both love Japan & and everything about it. Including anime.. Yeah I watch it. Are you shocked? Since I am overly excited about this weekend I figured I would post about my favorite anime series. Because I know everyone is dying to know, & are so going to go watch them! 
This is not a review type post, nor a hardcore description of what they are about. Lord knows I am not good at all that. I would have to watch them all over & type up my post as I am watching. Because I have the worst memory! 

Nana - This one is probably my top favorite! Two girls both named Nana. Room mates & best friends, dealing with life together. 


Peach Girl - High school girl that is super tan, which is not really a good thing to everyone else. & she is stuck between two guys. Netflix used to be super AWESOME because I actually watched these all on there, years ago. oh & I also named one of my dogs Momo, which is the main character. 



Azumanga Daioh - Out of all my favorites this is the only one I own the box set of. Sad. But that means I have watched it a million times! It never gets old. Just a bunch of girls in high school. Funny & weird. I actually named my chiweenie I had while living in oklahoma after my favortie character. Chiyo. I have been known [in the past] to ride around in my vehicle with the songs from the anime blasting! 



Fruits Basket - High school setting. Of course, those are my favorites. A family with a curse - they turn into animals when hugged/touched by the opposite sex. & girl is thrown in to the mess when she finds out the secret. A love story. 


I also like Dragon Ball Z, Naruto ( our current dog's name is Sasuke!). & Inuyasha. But those were more for my husband. He likes all types of anime. He is actually laying in bed right now watching some lame anime on Netflix! :P

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I don't know much about it but I've enjoyed quite a few so it's nice to have some to try out! I like Ouran High School Host Club, but I don't know if it's lame or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried watching that one on netflix before, never really got into it. I will have to give it another try though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally know nothing about anime, unless you count the old Pokemon from when I was in middle school? But this was a fun learning experience for me! haha! I hope y'all enjoy your weekend and happy anniversary tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know nothing about Anime except that it is really popular at our library. Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing...but I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend! YAY for date days with no kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, thanks, I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say that I've seen these, but I've definitely heard of Nana and Fruits Basket! I've watched many other anime, and Ouran was one I really liked. Yeah, it's shoujo, but I've found I really like the genre. (Some good ones are: Kamisama Kiss, Say "I Love You", and Kimi ni Todoke.) If you can get past the initial craziness, you'll find a great, detailed storyline, and loaded with comic genius! And I like that, even though she's a bit naive, the heroine is a strong young woman who doesn't allow her values to be compromised. If you can stomach all the lovey-dovey gooey-ness of typical shoujo anime (haha!) I'd definitely try to watch it all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! <3 I will have to look up those. I need some more to watch!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)