Mama's Blessed : Recipe // Cheesy Squash Casserole

Recipe // Cheesy Squash Casserole

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This is an AMAZING recipe that I have made numerous of times. 
I came across this in a cook book my mom gave me years ago. 
I think it was her very first cook book! 
It has a lot of good recipes!


Ingredients
1 lb squash [chopped]
1 med onion [chopped]
3 tbsp butter
2 eggs beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup cracker crumbs
salt
pepper


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cook squash, butter, & onions together. Drain & smash. 
Add all other ingredients, keep 1/2 cup of cheese for later. For the cheese I
normally just use Parmesan grated cheese and shredded cheese.
Pour in casserole dish & bake at 375.  Bake until firm, which takes
15-20 minutes normally. Sprinkle left over cheese over casserole before
serving. 

8 comments:

  1. It is amazing! <3 def try it. If I dont make this way, I usually just cook it on the stove with chopped up onion and butter. Very yummy also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Squash is my favorite. I love a good squash casserole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 i like it more than green bean casserole! & that was always my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just needs a little bacon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, you are correct. How could I forget the bacon! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alesha @ Full Time MamaOctober 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

    Despite the fact that I love squash, my kids struggle to eat squash every time I make it- they just can't seem to gag it down. But THIS recipe may just work. Topping it with cheese and crackers is genius! And adding bacon (like another commenter suggested) would be even better! YUM! I'd love to be able to enjoy it without hearing their whining.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! We'd love for you to share a link back to one of the hosts so your readers know where to find and share more amazing recipes like this one! Thanks so much, can't wait to see what you bring next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay will do! & yeah the texture & taste of the squash is totally different then normal so it may work for real! Especially if they love cheese!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)