Mama's Blessed : Kenzie Is 2 // Labor & Delivery Story

Kenzie Is 2 // Labor & Delivery Story

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Kenzie Love Lee. <3 You are my world. 

Today is the day Kenzie was born, 2 years ago. Since my labor & delivery story was still not completed & in draft form, I figured today was the PERFECT day to post it! 


Saturday November 3rd 2012- Keith & I got up that morning to go tour the hospital and see where i would be delivering and staying after having the baby, & also to register finally. I said that since we have seen the place & registered, Kenzie can come out now!! :) Keith had to go into work for a few hours that evening/night [til 9:30pm]. So i spent a little time cleaning which pretty much just turned into me napping.Ha. I started to have contractions that woke me up. & i knew these contractions were different than the bh ones that i had been having for months,because there was a burning feeling/crampy feeling. I got a little nervous so i started timing them, they were all over the place and only consistent for small amounts of time.I decided to call my mom & mom in-law to get their advice & give them a heads up. I kept having to go to the potty from all the leaking & pretty much every time I had a contraction. After calling the Dr (who was not mine, just one on duty) who told me to time them & take Tylenol to see if they went away (WTH!) I called my husband & told him he may need to come home but I would let him know. I ended up not getting him to come home early though. Once he did get home I made sure we had all packed & ready to go, cooked dinner & ate, showered, & watched the Alabama game. This whole time I was drinking plenty of water & timing my contractions. I told my husband a few minutes til the game was over that we definitely needed to go but that we could watch the rest of the game first. Bama won, of course! Once we got to the hospital we had to go through all the stuff to see if they would even put me in a room or send me home. A few of the nurses told me that I would probably be sent home. One said that since I could talk & laugh through my contractions it may not be labor. Another told me that even though I was already 4/5cm dilated & leaking continually that I would be lucky if I didn't get sent home & that I probably just had a UTI. Wow! My contractions were still bearable but getting uncomfortable. They did finally admit us & sent us to out labor & delivery room around midnight. We made more phone calls, parents arrived soon after. An hour & 30 minutes later I was still at 4/5 cm. The contractions were still bearable but at this time I was starting to have back pain that I was not sure I could deal with much longer, SO I decided to get the epidural. I was TERRIFIED! But it ended up not being that bad. Pretty much right after the epidural I was 6/7cm so they decided to give me Potocin to speed everything along. The epidural helped with the contractions & back pains but I was not able to get sleep. So I just spent that time talking with my parents, Keith, & his parents. Eventually I started feeling lots of pressure & that I had to poop. So every time a nurse would come in to check on me I would tell them & they would say it was fine. Once the midwife came in & checked me she told me the reason I was feeling that was because it was time to be pushing! NO SHIT! [ When it came to the epidural I only pressed button for more once every hour for 2 hours, Then once every 30 minutes for an hour. & then I think twice in a 30 minute period. Because I was getting more nervous & lots of pressure. But after the midwife told me that it would not take pressure way I decided not to press it anymore.] Oh & I keep saying midwife because my doctor was not there & the doctor on duty was leaving so I ended up having a midwife delivery Kenzie. I was a little nervous about it at first, but was over all pleased! Once pushing was about to start our parents left the room, so it was just Keith with me other than the nurses & midwife. I do not know how long I pushed for but it could not have been that long. It was seriously the craziest feeling ever! Because of the epidural I did not feel the pain but I felt the pressure & the baby coming out & all. Keith even said " You don't want to see what is going on down there!" Ha! He was cracking jokes with me & the nurses so it helped me get through it all easier. Oh & the midwife's phone kept ringing so eventually a nurse had to grab it & answer it. It did not bother me at the time since I was pushing. When Kenzie's head started to come out, Keith said she had a lot of hair. & she did. It was dark too. I was in love! <3 After she was fully out they did not hand her to me right away, they took her across the room. A handful of nurses were crowded around her. I was worried but I was still in the process of being taken care of that I could not really do anything for that moment. A few minutes later a pediatrician came to me & keith & said they had to check her because her arm was stuck up by her head while coming out & was discolored. All was good & then they finally brought her to me. She was the most beaufiful thing I had ever laid eyes on. [We all know this is a mother/father feeling because babies are almost 100% ugly right after being born!] Sadly, looking back I do not remember a lot about first getting to hold her & all. Maybe it was so much going on at once, I don't know. Keith got to hold her before they took her to wash her & whatever else they do. Her blood sugar was low for a little while. But fine later than day. She was born November 4th 2012 at 8:36 AM. She weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces & was 20 1/2 inches long. [ My beautiful Kenzie Love Lee] I was so uncomfortable after having Kenzie because of the epidural. I was continually leaking & asked for a bed pan. So while talking with all the family that was visiting & passing Kenzie around, I was sitting & just leaking/peeing. TMI for sure! After we were moved to our recovery room we had more family visit. We were able to leave that next day. Thank goodness. We were so ready to be home & NOT have nurses coming in a few minutes. I made sure not to ask for medicine any that day in hopes we could leave sooner. I was fine til I got home, then all the aches & pains kicked in. That is pretty much all that I have written down in my pregnancy notebook for Kenzie. So there was probably things that could be mentioned but sadly were not remembered. I can be very forgetful. 










10 comments:

  1. I remember this day so well. My first born having her first baby. When I got up there you was laughing and so chirpy. I was jealous that I never had an epidural...lol. Just think you get to do it all over again in just a few weeks ;) happy birthday Kenzie! MooMoo loves you very much!!! You have an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Happy Birthday to Kenzie! it's hard to believe how quickly they grow. :) I love that you shared your birth story. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. these babes sure do have a mind of their own! clearly it;s not up to us when they're coming, so we'd better get ready. ;) such a sweet birth story! Happy 2nd Birthday sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwww I LOVE birth stories!!! So sweet, I think it is hilarious y'all waited for the football game to end. Also? Your nurses/ L&D floor sounded awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mama. <3 ready for round two?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. very true, I have been working hard to get prepared. Mina will come when SHE wants! :P thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I figured I was about to make my hubs put up with A LOT, why not at least let him finish his game of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and as far as the nurses, i did have a few issues. But over all it was a very pleasant experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very much so!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)