Mama's Blessed : 6 Awesome Places To Visit In Georgia

6 Awesome Places To Visit In Georgia

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

This post was inspired by Melissa over at The Rambling Llama when she posted back in December about things to do in Georgia. Read it here. I had visited some of the places & wanted to visit some for the first time as well. Then it got me thinking about all the awesome places & things I have done so far in my life right here in Georgia! So I listed below some of my favorites! 



BabyLand General Hospital - Cleveland GA

I am not sure how many times I have visited this place but I love it! I want to take my daughters there soon. This is where the Cabbage Patch dolls grow. They grow in a garden like cute little lettuce heads. Cutest thing ever! You can adopt them there or buy the ones that are sold in stores. This place is a great place to take your kids!

Check out their Facebook page to see all the cuteness! 



Okefenokee Swap Park - Waycross GA

Lots of alligators & wildlife to see here. When I was a teen I went with my parents & siblings. We stayed in a small little cabin & went sight seeing by boat through the swap. Now I think they only do guided boat tours. [ We got our boat stuck & my step dad had to jump half in the alligator infested water to get us loose! ] The nature trails/walks are breath taking!




Callaway Gardens - Pine Mountain Ga

I grew up in the Harris County / Columbus area so I have been to Callaway's tons of times. There are so many things to do here. Golf, bike trails, nature trails, the Butterfly Center, ziplining, Fantasy in Lights during the winter, gardens, plenty of outdoor sports, a man made beach/lake to swim at, & plenty more!




Tallulah Gorge State Park - Tallulah Falls GA

This is a beautiful place to visit. Another outdoor adventure if you are into that. Fishing, camping, rock climbing, kayaking, & trails. Also in Tallulah Falls you will want to visit the 2 mile long & 1,00 feet deep cannon. & of course the WATERFALL! Tightrop walkers have made it across only twice!






Stone Mountain Park - Stone Mountain GA

This park is awesome year round! Plenty of outdoor activites! There is even a walking trail all the way to the top of Stone Mountain where you can see downtown Atlanta. Golfing, sky ride, & tons of attractions for kids. During the winter months you can tube down Snow Mountain on FRESH SNOW & then there is the LASER SHOW. Amazing! There is so much to do there, I am seriously wanting to go right now!



Whitewater Express & Chattahoochee Riverwalk - Columbus GA. I was born & raised here most of my life, though we are closer to Atlanta now we still visit since all our family & friends live here or near by. I have walked the Riverwalk so many times over the years. I used to video tape my husband [ boyfriend at the time ] skateboarding there. Now & for some years now you can even raft & kayak down the Chattahoochee! It is the longest urban whitewater rafting in the world! & USA Today says it is one of the top 12 man made adventures in the world too! & you can even zip line across it! 





Have you visited somewhere awesome in Georgia or in another state? Let me know in the comments!


19 comments:

  1. It has been a good long time since I went, but I want to take my two girls eventually! <3 I loved CPK dolls! & yeah I would have to agree. GA is something beautiful. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That should be on my list & lots of others! :P Oh Lord, I would not doubt that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list!! BabyLand isn't all that far from where I live and they moved to a new location a couple years ago and it is so nice and HUGE! You definitely have to go back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I'd love to see a few of these places on day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love Stone mountain and really want to go back soon! Thanks for linking this up for the Let's Be friends blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to check out the Okefenokee Swamp! I am actually headed to Savannah tomorrow, I can't wait to check it out. I've passed through but never had the chance to stop and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! I've never been to Georgia, but will be planning a trip that includes some of these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgia is one of the states I want to vacation here soon! I will keep these places in mind. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you believe I've lived in Georgia for almost all of my life and I haven't been to half of these places?! Helen is definitely on my list as well! I can't wait to check out the Okefenokee Swamp and visit Calloway Gardens with my boyfriend! Those would be wonderful stay-cations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my good friend just moved to GA. i'll have to send her this post so she can make sure she gets to all these great locations. xx thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No prob, I am sure she will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes def visit those! Helen is nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will enjoy it! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks lady! <3 I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, they are some pretty awesome places!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh awesome! Its been a looooong time since I have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these places are awesome! I love love love that you put Baby Land on this list! I have been there several times and once, my Aunt got to name one of the newborn babies there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man that is awesome! Who doesnt love Cabbage Patch dolls!?

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)