Mama's Blessed : Increase Your Milk Supply

Increase Your Milk Supply

Tuesday, January 6, 2015


I am currently breast feeding & obsessed with it just like I was last go round. So of course it makes total sense to blog about it. If you are breast feeding & looking for ways to keep & increase your milk supply you have come to the right blog! Hope these suggestions help!

Eat / Drink
+ Oatmeal, not instant.
+ Lots of water.
+ Gatorade for electrolytes.
+ Mother's Milk tea. I tried this with Kenzie. I hated the taste though!
+ A beer. It is the barley in the beer. I have been drinking mine while I nurse or pump. & of course I only have one for the day. & not every day. 

Pump / Nurse
+ Often. When it comes to pumping, pump in between feedings. 
+ After shower. Crazy but after taking a shower & probably during, I leak milk. A LOT.
+ Offer/pump both boobs each time.

+ Skin to skin. Get that baby down to her/his diaper. 
+ No stress. From what I have read, stress causes issues with producing milk. No beuno! 

Check out my other breast feeding related posts: Breast Feeding Must Haves / What To Expect When Breast Feeding 

8 comments:

  1. Great tips! I tried oatmeal and mother's milk tea and it helped a ton! I exclusively pumped for 6 months that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'll keep these in my back pocket

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! These tips helped me my first time around & this time so far! Hope they help when you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal and water always helped me out big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh awesome, congrats to her! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two work amazing! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! :) I did not think about taking a pill version of that! I will look into that!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)