Mama's Blessed : Baked Mac & Cheese / Recipe

Baked Mac & Cheese / Recipe

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Who loves mac & cheese? I DO! This is my favorite way to make & eat it! This recipe came from the OLD cook book my mom gave me. I think it was her very first one. 


What you will need:

+ 1 [8oz] pack of macaroni
+ 2 cups cottage cheese
+ 8 oz sour cream
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ 3/4 tsp salt
+ dash of pepper
+ 2 cups grated cheddar
+ paprika


Follow instructions on box for cooking macaroni. Drain & set aside. Combine next 6 ingredients. Add macaroni & stir. 



Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with paprika. 


Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 


Yummy to my tummy.. well that is what my toddler would say! :)

[This time I made it I did not have any paprika and I ended up using shredded cheese instead. Oops. It was still amazing!]

22 comments:

  1. Um, YES PLEASE!!! So pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Mac-n-cheese is my favorite thing to eat. I have never used cottage cheese in it before. I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Super yummy! You have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious. I haven't had macaroni & cheese in so long... I look forward to making this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing!! And easy, which means even I can attempt to make it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That needs to get into my tummy NOW!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Let me know how you like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! It is so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) lol. yes it is amazing & very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should make asap then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cottage cheese in it. Regular mac and cheese just aint that good anymore after having this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY YUM!!!!! That seriously looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! Definitely pinning this one. :) Thanks for sharing with The Peony Project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! <3 Let me know how you like it if you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. creamy, cheesy goodness!!! YUMMMYYY pinning to make for later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. DO! It is my fav way to eat mac & cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm, I've never seen a mac-n-cheese recipe with cottage cheese before. I'm always looking for new ways to make this dish, besides always using Velvetta. I'm going to have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom made this when I was younger and I loved it! It is actually out of the cook book she got when she was younger & she gave it to me. there are some good recipes in there!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)