Mama's Blessed : Saturday Takeover / I Am Mrs K

Saturday Takeover / I Am Mrs K

Saturday, February 21, 2015

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! It is time for a little Saturday Takeover. I Am Mrs K is taking over today! If you want to take over That Southern Mama for a Saturday be sure to visit my sponsor page to find out more about it.
...................................................................................................

Have you ever wondered why women who are not moms, or even pregnant, like to read mommy blogs?  I sure have, because I’m a non-mom who loves to read about tantrums, baby clothes, first steps and even about breastfeeding.  



1. Window shopping

This is metaphor. Sometimes you can’t go shopping for real. You might, for example, be on a very tight budget, so you’ll have to plan extra carefully before buying anything. Window-shopping is free and gives you time to plan and be a smart consumer. Mommy blogs are like beautiful window displays when you can’t be a mommy yourself.

2. A sponge

Another metaphor. When I read a mommy blog, I feel like I’m a sponge. I’m absorbing information about being a mom. I’ve learned so much from mommy blogs. I really believe I’ll be a better mom one day because I’ve read these blogs.

3. Inspirational women

Mommy bloggers are inspirational women. Best mommy bloggers prove that motherhood is important.  They remind us what is truly important in life.  

4.  Baby fever

If you have a series baby fever, you just have to read mommy blogs.  I have a baby fever. The next step is to gain enough courage to actually become a mom.  Yikes!  

Be sure to go stalk her & say hi!

6 comments:

  1. Ooo I'm glad I'm not the only one who reads baby blogs and doesn't actually have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely not the only one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can totally related to this as well. I'm nowhere near that point in my life, but I love reading mommy stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow because I'm invested in the Blogger. I don't want kids, no baby fever here. But when I can connect with a blogger, like I have Ashley, I genuinely am interested in how they are doing. And that includes their tiny humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy Kathol CastelloteFebruary 26, 2015 at 5:49 PM

    I started following a few mommy blogs when I got pregnant the first time. We lost that baby and have since lost 4 more. Although often very painful, sometimes there is something cathartic about reading these blogs. There is always hope and I might as well be prepared for it when it comes.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)