Mama's Blessed : Guest Post / Blogging Tips For Beginners

Guest Post / Blogging Tips For Beginners

Friday, April 17, 2015

Hello That Southern Mama readers. I'm super excited to be on Ashley's blog today. I know she's having so much fun packing her home stuff as she's getting ready to move. (Being sarcastic - nobody likes to move lol).

Let me go ahead and introduce myself. I'm Jasmine, mother of two adorable boys ages 6 and soon to be 4 next month. I blog over at Classy, Sassy, & A Bit Smartassy. My blog is a lifestyle blog. I love anything from beauty, food, fashion, and my life. 


As you can tell we take goofy pictures when were out. Lol 

So today I'm going to talk to you about great ways to get your blog out there. I have been blogging for almost 3 years. I know how hard it is to get readers attention. Recently on my blog I posted some blogging tips for new beginners.

Social Media: Get yourself a Twitter, Facebook Page, and Instagram. I can not express how important social media is for your blog. Believe it or not, majority of my page views are from Twitter. I love to follow Twitter accounts that do retweets because that's the best way to get your blog out there. A few accounts to follow on Twitter: @FemaleBloggerRT & @RT_Bloggers.
**Be sure your account isn't private**

Facebook Groups: Jessica from Wifesticated and I host one together called "Growing Your Blog". Daily comment threads, daily social media threads, giveaway threads, and general discussion threads. Other groups you can join as well: The Blog Love Project.

Blog Layouts: This draws attention to your viewers. You don't want to have an ugly/unclean layout because then you won't gain readers/followers. As harsh as that sounds, its true.

Pictures: Be sure your pictures are all in one size. Make sure they're large enough to see as well. You don't need a fancy camera to take beautiful pictures. There's apps on your phone such as VSCOCam that works well on editing photos.

Hope you find my tips helpful. Thanks for having me Ashley. 

4 comments:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)