Mama's Blessed : Guest Post / What to Expect Before Expecting

Guest Post / What to Expect Before Expecting

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hi I'm Sarah and I blog over at Laze L Farm!  I'm here today to talk to you about one of the most asked questions we get as newly weds!


When you first start dating someone and you are starting to get serious, everyone's favorite question is "When are ya'll getting married?"  Then you get engaged and get married and then it jumps to "When are ya'll gonna have kids?"



If I had a dollar for every time someone has asked me when we are gonna have kids, we could have our house payed for. It's not that I mind people asking me this question, but it seems everywhere I go and people find out that we have been married for two years, this is the first question that pops up.

I love kids and we both want kids one day but not right now.  I want to savor the moments with my husband as we still learn about each other.  I want the nights where it's just the two of us watching tv and cooking supper.  The moments when we can just jump in the car and go for a drive or out to grab a bite to eat.

We can take random weekend trips to wherever we want to and decide to have  a day in bed talking about our dreams and watching old westerns.  


I know this all sounds selfish, but these are the times I want to enjoy.  The times that it is just us.  I look forward to the days where we have new borns that keep us up all night and our lives change completely.  The times where its ball games and church activities take over and there are no more lazy days in bed.  The dishes will double and the piles of laundry will never end. 


If your a newly wed and everyone's question to you is "When are ya'll gonna have kids", just tell them we will have them when we are ready.  Enjoy the moments with your husband and savor the times where it is just ya'll two.  The time will come for kids!

2 comments:

  1. Legit. I am right there with you. Why do people expect things to happen so fast, but then talk behind you back when it does? You date for 6 months, when are you getting engaged? The second you get engaged, when is the wedding? After your I Do's, when are you having kids? Jeeze! Can't people just be happy and live in the moment with me instead of pushing us to the next phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I am getting married in July and people are expecting us to just jump into kids ASAP. But there is no way. We are getting married young, and I love that. But in no way are we ready to have kids, we are still kids ourselves and way to selfish to bring another life into this world.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)