Mama's Blessed : When Everyone's Getting Married But You / / Guest Post

When Everyone's Getting Married But You / / Guest Post

Monday, February 22, 2016

hey y'all today Allison from Because I Said So is taking over my blog & she has a great post to share! 


Currently people in my life are divided into three categories: not married, married, and married/together with kids. If you fall into the first category (like myself) and will be checking the SINGLE box on your taxes this year, this post is for you.



"Really?! She got in engaged before me??" 

"They've only been dating for ___ months/years!" 

"I didn't even know they were dating?!"

"#singleforlife"

"Help. EVERYONE IS GETTING MARRIED OR POPPING OUT BABIES OR BOTH!"

"I don't think I can handle another save the date."


Admit it, you've thought at least one of these...ok, maybe all.  So, how do you cope?

First of all, you and I are in need of a reality check. No, not everyone is getting married or having children. There's your little brother or sister, your co-worker, etc. There are millions of people not married and *gasp* not even dating anyone. 

I know how you feel. I worked in the wedding industry for two years and have been dating my boyfriend for 7 years and counting.  I'm either constantly planning/thinking about my wedding or fielding questions of if/why I'm not married yet. 

Know that anyone can get married. And consequently divorced. So don't rush it.

It's not a race. Duh.

There's so much more to life than just getting married. Learn to love yourself and accomplish your personal goals first. Getting married doesn't make you cooler and it doesn't make everything that's bad in your life disappear. It just makes you married. 


Trust the timing of your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)