Cooking for my family is something I love to do. I love that we have certain dishes and traditions that we stick with over the years. Years to come and I know we will still have them. Maybe even pass them on to my two daughters. Pasta is my thing, and I even grew up loving it. Dumping a pound of cheese on top and then baking it is what I do best. I remember falling in LOVE with Baked Spaghetti growing up because it is something my dad liked to make a lot. I still make it regularly now that I am an adult and have a family. Today I wanted to share a delicious recipe. It involves my favorite things - pasta and cheese. Baked Ravioli with Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce. My household LOVES it!
25 oz Frozen Ravioli [ Cheese filled ]
1 lb Ground Beef
10 oz Can of MILD Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 425. Follow directions on package for ravioli. The frozen ravioli I used only required minutes to prepare. Cook ground beef during this time. Drain both. Set ravioli aside.
2. Mix Ragu and diced tomatoes with green chilis in with the beef. Cook on low for another 2 minutes.
3. Mix the beef and sauce with the ravioli. Place in a casserole or baking dish. 2 1/2 or 3 quart would work best.
4. Cover with the Mozzarella shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 6 minutes. Serve with bread sticks or Texas toast.
* Feel free to take out the ground beef if you do not want a meat dish. I used cheese filled ravioli for this recipe, but meat filled ravioli will be good as well.
I have made this before with different sauce flavors and brands but I have found that when I use Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce, my dish is so much more flavorful. Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauces are thicker and the flavor options are some bold combinations. I absolutely LOVE the Thick & Hearty Four Cheese Sauce.
The Homestyle Thick & Hearty flavors available are:
+ Four Cheese
+ Roasted Garlic
These Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauces have NO artificial flavors, artificial colors, or High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Try out this recipe and I am sure it will be a HIT! Create a new tradition for your household, maybe a family game night after dinner. I know that is something my girls would love to do. Or hold tight to the ones you already have! Family and the traditions we have play a big role in our lives. Make memories and create recipes that your children will come to you for one day. Pass them down proudly.
If you make this Baked Ravioli recipe, let me know how it was for you and your family. Looking for other great pasta recipes? Check out some Ragu Pasta Recipes.